Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria – Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the Residency Training Programmes in Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Zaria for 2017/2018.
Admissions into Residency Training Programmes for 2017/2018
The Residency Training Programmes lead to award of the Fellowship of National Postgraduate Medical College and/or West African Postgraduate Medical College to those who are successful in the following specialties:
- Chemical Pathology
- Community Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Medical Microbiology
- Maxillo Facial Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Physics (Internal Medicine)
- Radiotherapy and Oncology
- This course is four (4) years in duration with two(2) years grace, making a total of six (6) years which can be extended in some sub-specialties.
- Only Medical Doctors who have fully registered with the Nigerian Medical Council and have completed the one-year NYSC or are exempted are eligible to apply.
- This advert includes Honorary/Supernumerary Residents.
- Course in Basic Medical Sciences leading to the primary fellowship examination where applicable. (It is expected that candidates must have passed this stage of examination before applying)
- Intensive Clinical Courses leading to the part I examination in the relevant specialty for a period of 24months
- This involves continuing clinical experience and research work in candidates chosen field of interest. This phase also last for 24 months.
- The final fellowship examination follows at the end of the 4 year of training and successful candidates will then be eligible to apply for appointments as Consultants in any hospitals of their choice.
- ABUTH is not bound to retain the trainee after successful training
- During the training period, appointments of Trainees will not be confirmed and Trainees will not be allowed to pursue any other course or training leading to qualification other than the fellowship.
- Only those who maintain good academic performance will be allowed to proceed to higher stages of the program within the stipulated period.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Go online. Click Purchase Access Code
- Fill the applicant’s detail (make sure you type the information correctly)
- Click Pay with Remitta button to generate Remitta Retrieval Reference (RRR)
- Print the transaction reference page
- Visit any branch of any commercial Bank for the payment
- Request for the payment evidence from the bank
- Click login/Sign up on this page to proceed with the application
- Make sure you use the same information as in the transaction reference
- Make sure your information are correct in the acknowledgement form before you finally submit the application
- Print your acknowledgement slip and exam card after you filled the necessary information
- For complaints and/or suggestions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org , 08039286400, 08028341811 or 08054434102.