From Monday, 11 October 2021, fully vaccinated travellers from Nigeria will be able to come to England without needing to provide a pre-departure test, undertake a Day-8 test or self-isolate for 10 days, although will still need to book and pay for a Day 2 test. This policy applies to those fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (including Covidshield), Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson).
Fully vaccinated means that you have had a complete course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England. The day you had your final dose does not count as one of the 14days. You must be able to prove that you have been fully vaccinated under a vaccination programme and have a valid proof of vaccination recognised by the British Government (for Nigeria, the certificate with valid QR codes as issued by Nigeria’s National Primary Health Care Development Agency are recognised).
If you are not a fully vaccinated traveller from Nigeria to England, you must:
- take a pre-departure COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3days before travel.
- book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 tests – to be taken after arrival.
- complete a passenger locator form – anytime in the 48 hours before arrival.
After you arrive, you must:
- quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
- take a pre-booked COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
Source: UK Government Website