The Association of Resident Doctors, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso have released a press statement on the continuation of their indefinite strike action. Read the excerpts below;
Our indefinite withdrawal of services enters day 6 today. This action was after exhausting all means of dialogue with several ultimata shifted for the sake of our patients , populace and for the good of the hospital.
Sad to note is the fact that the state government has continued to pend the reversal of this illegal and inconsiderate action of percentage salary payment which is 28% of what is expected. The attendant jeopardy to the future of all with impaired quality of life alongside direct and indirect loss of life is unimaginable.
Equipment delivery and infrastructural development have remained relatively same since the last one year despite promise by the stakeholders to wade in for palpable solutions.
Demoralizing is the fact that the daily geometrical proportion of exit of consultants and residents seem not to bother the powers that be, rather the excuse of no funds for employment of more residents has now been parried aside for casualization of this noble Hippocratic profession.
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL BE RESISTED.
It appears to us there is some form of deceit in some quarters.
We demand as follows:
1. Full sponsorship for all training, revision courses, update courses, supranumerary postings, research grants, research and methodology, management courses be effected in full by the management without further delay.
2. That the state of the art equipment yet to the delivered should be delivered and installed while the ones delivered be put to use.
3. Infrastructure be completed in the hospital without further delay.
4. The massive brain drain in the hospital be stopped by immediate improvement in the working conditions, appropriate remuneration of our members as well as employment of sufficient staff to keep the hospital at the best position for delivery of the zenith of all health care.
5. We demand an immediate reversal of the salary of our members in LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Ogbomoso to what is obtainable in federal teaching hospitals as is stipulated in the edict of the hospital not the demeaning and paltry 28% percent presently being paid since January 2016 salary. WE ARE BEING OWED OVER ELEVEN MONTHS SALARY.
6. A proper board of management be constituted for the hospital, not the statutory membership as is being run now.
7. Immediate stoppage of all attempts by management of the hospital to casualise Doctors. We state unequivocally that the Association of Resident Doctors LAUTECH Teaching Ogbomoso will resist this vehemently. This is unacceptable to this noble profession. The Nigerian Medical Association
(NMA) has for the umpteenth time warned against this.
We reiterate that LAUTECH TEACHING HOSPITAL CAN NOT BE RUN ON ANYTHING SHORT OF FULL SUBVENTIONS AND FUNDS ALONGSIDE UNFLINCHING POLITICAL WILL FROM THE OYO STATE GOVERNMENT.
We are resolute on our demands and we shall continue in this withdrawal of services until all our demands are met so that the health of our members and the people of Oyo state can be safeguarded.
Sebastine Oiwoh. Ayobami Alabi
President. General Secretary
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by