The Management of Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital Yaba, Lagos, hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of the Medical Director (MD)
Position: Medical Director (CEO)
Interested candidates must have the following qualification:
• Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than (12) years Post qualification.
• Candidates must be Fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West. African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registerable by the medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
• Candidates must be Fellow in Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatrist) duly acquired and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
• Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years
• Candidates must be medically fit
• Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity
• Evidence of Medical Research is an added advantage
• Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage
• Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an added advantage.
• The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
• The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Salary 8%, Allowances
• Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
Method of Application:
Twenty (20) copies of application letters and Curriculum Vitae to be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Director of Administration
Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital,
8, Harvey Road, Yaba, Lagos State.
Candidate should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more that 1000 words.
The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3)referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidates’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referees.
Submission of applications closes six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Notes: Candidates who had earlier responded to our previous advertisements in the Daily Trust of 11th April, 2016 and The Punch Newspaper of 12th April, 2016 need not RE-APPLY
Director of Administration