The Management of University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State, hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Position: Chief Medical Director/CEO
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the institution.
- He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honorable Minister of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years Post graduation;
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent register-able by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Clinical Experience/Medical research is an added advantage;
- Additional administrative qualification is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Computer/Information and Communication Technology is an added advantage.
- Attraction of funded grants by an individual candidate is an added advantage,
Salary & Allowances
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Director of Administration,
University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital,
Candidates should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.