We are now in the third month of the Year, and it has been bright so far, as even 2017 was very outstanding for the DoctorsQuarters Team. I sincerely believe the year have been going smoothly for you too?…
As part of our expansion plan for this year 2018, we are throwing the doors open for suitably qualified and interested persons to join the DoctorsQuarters Team via our Internship program with assured future work potential, for the right candidates.
If you have a drive to launch yourself into the Medical/Health Journalism Ecosystem, then this is just right for you.
This program is in two categories;
- Join As An Intern Writer (IW)
- Join As A Contributor Writer (CW)
For Intern Writers:
- There would be an initial 3-months non-financial internship period and a later 3-months paid internship period.
- You must be willing to work remotely in the first 3-months and from an Office Space, on the Lagos Mainland, in the later 3-months.
- You must be proficient in writing and story-telling. Added skill in Graphic Designing and/or Video Editing is preferred, but not required.
- Fresh graduates with little or no medical/health reporting experience are preferred, but not required.
- Social Media Voce: Will be the DoctorsQuarters five (5) senses on social media.
- Policy Digger: Intern will report on policy, government & corporate, as it influences and affects health and health care.
- Med-Reviewer: Will report on recent break-through, ground-breaking research with respect to drugs, diseases conditions, and/or medical equipment.
- StartUp Curator: Will report on startups in the health sector, and/or on medical/health experts running non-health fast growing businesses.
- Health News Watcher: Will report on medical or health news and gist happening in and around the country.
NOTE: Added skills in Graphic Designing and/or Video Editing MAY be an advantage.
JOIN AS A CONTRIBUTOR:
- All DoctorsQuarters Contributors have access to express Medical/Health Opinions and Experiences, in descriptive story-telling format.
- You must be willing to work from any location of your choice.
- You must be proficient in writing and story-telling.
- Medical and Health Professionals or Students reporting experiences are preferred, but not required.
There it is… If you feel you can do this, then send a pitch email, about yourself in clear terms, of no more than 50 words (no resumes please, for this initial stage) to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the role you intend to apply for as the subject line (e.g. Intern Writer – StartUp Curator, Intern Writer – Health News Watcher etc.).
Contributor Writers should simply use Contributor Writer as the email subject line.
Ensure that you spell the role correctly.
Application deadline is by 4PM on Monday 12th April, 2018.