The Association of Resident Doctors at the LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, osun State has vowed to Sutain its industrial action until all pending issues are resolved. They insist the facts and figures are available for the world to know.
In its meeting on 3rd May 2016, at the ARD Lounge of the LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, they raised these points:
1) That the state government has remained unperturbed despite the protracted industrial action which has been on since last year September.
2) That the said intervention initiated on the 15th April, 2016 by some stakeholders did not reveal any sincere intention to resolving issues.
3) That contrary to the news being circulated around by some cohorts, there is no existing concrete agreement towards addressing the present impasse.
4) That SINCERE attempts from ‘outside the state’ to intervene were resisted by the state government.
5) That the state government and their representatives have taken to blackmailing, intimidation and unjust victimisation of our members.
6) That the government has concluded plans to destroy the only existing state-owned tertiary health institution.
7) That the government has taken pleasure in ensuring the total collapse of health care delivery in the state and it’s attendant loss of lives.
A quick resolution of this strike by the primary actors would be appreciated.