The next Assessment Examination of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria is scheduled to hold from Wednesday 18th to Friday 20th April 2018 at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, Abuja, FCT.
i). The examination shall be for candidates trained in ALL Countries (other than Nigeria) and whose training institutions are currently listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (www.wdoms.org); and for Nigeria-trained doctors that either failed to complete their internship within twenty-four months of graduation or those whose medical/dental schools lost their accreditations.
ii). Candidates must hold medical/dental degrees of approved medical and dental training institutions that shall be verified by Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC).
iii). Candidates must show evidence of eligibility to practice medicine/dentistry in the Country of training. A current practising license and a Certificate of Good Standing from the Country’s medical/dental regulatory authority shall be required.
INELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION
i). Medical/Dental students yet to be fully released by their universities need not apply.
ii). Applicants without all required credentials.
iii). Applicants from medical/dental schools not listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS).
The examination shall consist of:
a). Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) covering all aspects of Basic and Clinical Sciences in Medicine and Dentistry.
b). Short Answer Questions (for medical candidates only)
c). Long Essay Questions (for medical candidates only)
d). Clinical Examination comprising Long and Short Cases or Objectives Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
e). Practical Clinical Examination in Conservative Dentistry and Oral Surgery (for Dental candidates only.)
f). Practical Examination which may include such items as identifivation of instruments, specimens,interpretation of slides radiographs and laboratory investigation
g). Oral Examination (Viva voce).
h). English Language paper for non-En b. English speaking graduates from medical/dental schools whose language of instrution is not English.
(I) Nigerian Citizens – N125,000
(2) Non-Nigerian Citizens – N200,000
(3) Other charges (Dental materials for dental candidates only) – N25,000
Application forms, at the cost of Five Thousand Nairs (N5,000) only, are downloadable from MDCN’s website (www.mdcn.gov.ng) or can be collected at any of Council’s Offivs.
All payments to Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria should be made on MDCN’s website platform at (www.mdcn.gov.ng) through REMITA.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION OF FORMS
- Evidence of verification of credentials by EPIC with the report sent directly to MDCN.
- Evidence of payment of required fees to the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Photocopies of all relevant academic qualifications i.e GCE/ SSCE/NECO, medical/dental degree certificates
- Relevant portions of International Passport (Visa & Departure pages).
- Two (2) recent, colour passport-size photographs.
- Birth certificate or statutory declaration of age.
- Current practising license/evidence of eligibility to practice medicine/dentistry in the Country of training, issued by the Medical /Dental Regulatory Authority (MRA) in that country.
- Certificate of Good Standing from the MRA should be sent directly to MDCN.
Closing date for submission of application forms is two weeks before the date of examination (4th April 2018)
All applications with supporting documents must reach the Office of the Registrar at Plot 1102, Cadastral Zone B 11 , Off Oladipo Diya Road, Behind Prince & Princess Estate, Kaura District, P.M.B. 458, Garki, Abuja, FCT or any of our Zonal offices not later than the stated closing date (4th April 2018).
All prospective candidates are to note that MDCN will not organise remedial course for the purpose of this examination.
Candidates are however at liberty to approach any accredited teaching hospital, for the same purpose, except the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital where the clinical examination will hold.
Candidates will be informed of venue of the CBT part of the examination in due course.
MDCN Zonal Offices
- No.25, Ahmed Onibudo Street, Victoria Island , P.M.B.12611, Lagos.
- No. 2, Ogufere Street, Off Okpara Avenue, P.M.B. 1431, Enugu, Enugu State.
- Plot 3, Unguwan Gwari Crescent, Kawo (Zaria Road), Kaduna, Kaduna. State.
- No. 13, Peter Tokula Street, GRA, Ilorin, Kwara State
Do You Feel You Could Be A DoctorsQuarters.com Contributor, Writer, Story-Teller? Do you have passion for writing, and would want to be part of a team that value information sharing? Can you work remotely and have a flair for social media conversations, graphic designing and picture/video editing? Stay glued to our subsequent foot notes... WE ARE ABOUT TO INCREASE OUR TEAM MEMBERS!!!