COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF EXTRA-ORDINARY NATIONAL EXECuTIVE COUNCIL MEETING MEC, OF NARD AT THE TRAUMA CENTER NATIONAL HOSPITAL ABUJA ON 24th JUNE 2016.
NARD HELD HER EXTRA-ORDINARY NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING AT AUDITORIUM OF TRAUMA CENTER OF NATIONAL HOSPITAL ABUJA ON 24th JUNE, 2016
1. NARD has been on a nationwide strike action which was staggered from a center-based that started on 9. of June 2016 to a full blown National strike from 20. June 2016. This was to press home our demands on issues contained in our earlier ultimatum released from 4. of April 2016.
2. The leadership of the NASS, specifically the Hon. Speaker House of Representatives, the Chairman House Committee on Health institutions and the chairrnan senate cornrnittee on health. have genuinely intervened with the hope to resolve the impasse.
3. Appreciable conclusions with achievable actionable time lines were reached at the negotiation meeting chaired by the Hon. Speaker on 21/06/2016.
After exhaustive deliberations. the council finally reached the following resolutions:
1. That in view of the genuine intervention of the Hon. Speaker and other key stakeholders, NARD hereby suspends the ongoing nationwide indefinite strike action so as to enable the government implement the agreements reached within the agreed time frame (on or before 14th July 2016). Work to resume frorn Monday 27th June 2016 at 8:00am. This is with the view to relieve the impact of the strike on average Nigerians.
2. That NAM, will review the progress of the intervention, at the July NEC scheduled from 25th -30rh of July in Keffi. That failure to fulfill the agreement satisfactorily, NARD will resurne indefinite nationwide strike on 1st August, 2016.
NEC sincerely appreciates the maturity and the statemanship shown by his excellency the Hon. Speaker RT Hon Yakubu Dogara, the Chairman Senate Committee on Health Dr. Lanre Tajooso, The Chairman House Committee on Health institutions Hon Betty Apaih, the Chairman House Committe on Labour Matters Hon Ezenwa Francis.
We appreciate the Chief Physician to the President Dr. Sanusi NARD profoundly appreciates the fatherly role played by the President and the C. in C. President Muhammad Buhari for resolving to implement all signed agreements and also directing the FMOH to resolve the impasse in the best interest of all Nigerians.
We congratulate and commend all stake holders that showed their support throughout this period and specifically the leadership of NMA and MDCAN and all our members all over the nation for the show of solidarity and patriotism.
We assure all our members to remain calm as they resume their normal duties and that no one would be victimised for taking part in this struggles.
Thank you and God Bless!
LONG LIVE NARD
LONG LIVE FRN
Dr. Muhammad Adamu Askira
Dr. Izunwa Osita Edmund
Ag. Sec. Gen
Dr. Umuaba Eugene Ahuruezenma
(Visited 66 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by