NOTICE OF THE MDCN NEW PRIMARY-SOURCE VERIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/PROCEDURES FOR ALL GRADUATES OF MEDICAL (BASIC AND POSTGRADUATE) INSTITUTIONS LOCATED OUTSIDE NIGERIA
The Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) is collaborating with the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), a world leader in promoting quality
healthcare, to incorporate the ECFMG’s verification process into the MDCN assessment examination for international medical doctors applying for registration.
All medical doctors registered with the MDCN, all expatriate medical doctors, all medical doctors trained abroad intending to practice in Nigeria or attempt the MDCN
assessment examination for foreign medical graduates are hereby notified of the MDCN new requirements/procedures for primary-source verification of their medical
credentials obtained outside Nigeria and her partnership with Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) using its Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) portal.
Effective 1st October, 2016, all applicants for the MDCN assessment examination who graduated from medical institutions (basic and postgraduate) located outside Nigeria
(excluding dental graduates) and medical doctors who wish to register or have their medical postgraduate qualifications recognized by MDCN are required to create an EPIC
account and have their credentials primary-source verified through EPIC. Applicants are advised to contact the ECFMG via its website www.ecfmgepic.org for information on
how to begin the process.
Please find below the step by step procedure for the verification process.
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE FOR DOCTORS
- APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION (NIGERIANS AND EXPATRIATES)
- Submit your application for registration to the MDCN FOR EVALUATION AND ADVISE ON ELIGIBILITY TO PROCEED WITH REGISTRATION PROCESS.
- ESTABLISH AN EPIC ACCOUNT – visit www.ecfmgepic.org
- CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY WITH EPIC
- UPLOAD YOUR CREDENTIALS AND SELECT THE MDCN TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATION WHEN YOUR CREDENTIALS ARE SENT FOR VERIFICATION.
- ECFMG NOTIFIES YOU VIA YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND SEND REPORT OF YOUR
VERIFICATION TO MDCN.
- APPLICATION FOR THE MDCN ASSESSMENT EXAMINATION
- ESTABLISH AN EPIC ACCOUNT- Visit www.ecfmgepic.org
- CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY WITH EPIC.
- UPLOAD YOUR CREDENTIALS AND SELECT THE MDCN TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATION WHEN YOUR CREDENTIALS ARE SENT FOR VERICATION.
- Final medical diploma
- curricula of training
- internship certificate
- evidence of postgraduate/specialist training, if applicable
- License to practice medicine from any authorities with which you were previously registered/licensed, if applicable.
- SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE MDCN.
- ECFMG SENDS REPORTS OF YOUR VERIFIED CREDENTIALS TO MDCN AND ALSO NOTIFY YOU VIA YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
If you have any question regarding EPIC and the EPIC verification process please
contact EPIC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 001(215)966-3900 from Mon-Friday (9am-5pm)
If you have any question regarding the MDCN application process, please contact the MDCN at
call : (+234)9-2902900, (+234)80106267970 (extension 4) for registration matters.
Dr. T.A.B. Sanusi
Ag. Registrar, MDCN