The Management of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH ), hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of the Chief Medical Director (CMD) of the Hospital which will soon be vacant.
Position.: Chief Medical Director/(CEO)
Location: Benin City
Any interested candidates must meet the following conditions:
- He/She must be a registered medical or dental practitioner registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) and should not be less than fifteen (15) years post qualification
- He/she must be a Fellow of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West Africa College of Surgeons/West African College of Physicians or their equivalent and certificate(s) obtained must be registerble as a specialist with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- He/she should have been a consultant for a minimum of ten (10) years and must be medically fit.
- He/she must also be of impeccable character and of unquestionable integrity.
The following shall be of added advantage;
* Evidence of sound academic and research prowess
* Formal training and certification in Administration.
* Profound knowledge of information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honorable Minister of Health.
- He/She is charged with the responsibility of executing government policies and programmes and ensuring the effective day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
These are as determined by the Federal government. Other conditions of service are as applicable in the Public Service.
Salary & Allowances:
Salary and allowances are as obtainable in the Federal Public Service.
Submission of applications:
26th April, 2017
Method of Application:
- Formal applications in Twenty (20) copies each accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted in a sealed envelope, marked Confidential and addressed to the undersigned. Photocopies of all supporting credentials must be attached to each application.
- Also to be enclosed is candidate’s Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four(4) years and this must not be more than 1000 words.
- The CV should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a senior medical or dental practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and in position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral standing and uprightness.
- Recommendation letters from referees should be sent directly to the undersigned.
Mrs. A. P. Omoregie.
Director of Administration.