Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program, Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services. HIFASS is therefore seeking the employment of the position as listed below.
Medical Officer II (PMTCT)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 – 3 years
Work Hours: Full-time 40 hours/week
- Under the supervision of the Senior Program Specialist PMTCT, the Medical Officer will provide PMTCT and EID Clinical related services at PMTCT OUREACH and satellite sites.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Provides technical assistance in the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) and EID capacity building to PMTCT outreach sites.
- Ensure regular review of site performance with the site PMTCT focal Persons
- Review weekly site PMTCT and EID targets, to ensure 100% ARVs uptake among identified pregnant positives.
- Review weekly site EID services by ensuring all HIV+ infants are linked to treatment
- Coordinates on weekly bases individual sites ANC services; RTKs and ARVs stocks.
- Follow up with sites on the functionality of the Mobile cell phones and report status to NMOD-DOD SI and IT leads.
- Remains informed on current programs changes in the implementation of PMTCT services.
- Carry out routine data quality assessments across all PMTC program indicators.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the DODWRP-N.
- Minimum Education/Training Requirement: MBBS with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS thematic areas.
- Master’s in Public Health or Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- 2-3 years’ post NYSC experience, inclusive of hospital & Community practice.
- A minimum of one (1) year practical experience in the delivery of comprehensive ART services, & a good understanding of the multiplicity of technical issues (eg PMTCT, Care & Treatment, TB, Referrals etc) related to comprehensive ART programming
- Familiarity with Nigerian Ministry of Defense health systems is also required.
- Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management training and ability to understand full range of issues around the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV
- Incumbent must possess basic computer skills in Word processing, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be a team player and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with others
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Abuja.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Cover letters and CV’s to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)”, via the the mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in PDF format, Resume and CV together in word format.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Posted On: 13th/July/2017
Deadline On: 21st/July/2017