The Federal University of Technology, Owerri was established in 1980 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University strives for excellence and is poised to becoming one of the best Universities of Technology in the world. The University is committed to the production of high level manpower, engaged in cutting edge research and community service for the achievement of national developmental goals and global relevance.
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below in the institution:
Job Title: Director of Health Sciences
Location: Owerri Imo
* The Director of Health Services is the Chief Health Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day running and administration of the University’s Health services and facilities, recommendation of all health policies in the University, and taking charge of the Health Services Department in accordance with the University statutes.
* The candidates for the post must exhibit considerable degree of competence, expertise and demonstrable integrity for the running of a Department of Health Services of a University.
* Prospective candidates must be duly licenced and practicing medical doctors and must be active members of Nigeria Medical Association (NMA).
* The candidate must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of appointment and must be in good health to be able to endure the riguors of the duties as a Director of Health Services.
* The candidates must have a good honours degree (MBBS) from a recognized University and at least fifteen (15) years of relevant service experience.
* Candidates should be officers of not below the rank of a Deputy Director of ‘Health Services in a University or a similar institution. in addition, candidates must be a Fellow of West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) and other relevant bodies.
* Possession of a higher degree in health related disciplines will be an advantage.
Conditions of Service
* The appointment is for a period of five (5) years and is pensionable.
* The basic salary attached to the post is CONTISS (II) 15.
* Other allowances and fringe benefits are as currently applicable to similar positions in the Nigerian University System and as may be determined by the Federal Government and the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2016.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Thirty (30) copies of their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others the following:
* Name in full (Surname, in capital letters)
* Place and Date of Birth
* Permanent Home Address
* Contact Address: Postal Address, GSM Number(s) and E-mail Address
* Marital Status
* Number and Ages of Children (if any)
* Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
* Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates)
* Working Experience, including full details of former and present post(s)
* Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
* Extra Curricula Activities
* Names and Address of three (3) Referees
* In addition, to stating the names and addresses of the Referees, candidate should request each of their nominated Referees to send a Confidential Report on them to the Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
Applications should be forward to:
Federal University of Technology,
Candidates should request their referees to forward references on them directly to the Registrar and clearly marked “Referee Report” on the top corner of the envelope.
(Visited 72 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by