Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Herbal Medicine in the Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lagos for2015/2016 SESSION.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objectives of this course are as follows:
1. To impact on traditional practitioners’ knowledge, education that is relevant and necessary for their functions as competent traditional medicine practitioners.
2. To collaborate with the regulatory agency, NAFDAC, in the bid to introduce the element of sanity into traditional medicine practice through creation of awareness in the practitioners on the scope and limitations of their calling and trade.
3. To stimulate in practitioners the appreciation and use of scientific methods in evaluating Medicinal Plant preparations and herbal remedies when applied to traditional health practice in Nigeria.
4. To bring to the awareness of the practitioners’ the importance of professionalism.
All traditional medicine practitioners in the country; any citizen of the country who may wish to learn the art and science of traditional medicine practice.
The programmes have been stratified to accommodate all interested individuals no matter the educational background.
1. Certificate Programme: Minimum entry qualifications; Primary School leaving Certificate
2. Diploma programme: Entry Qualification WAEC/NECO, at least 2 passes, Biology, Health Science or Integrated Science.
3. Advanced Diploma Programme: Entry Qualifications; Diploma in Herbal Medicine (HRDC) Unilag), Bachelor of Pharmacy, B.Sc. Biological Science and any other relevant qualification.
Certificate Course 3 months
Diploma Programme 9 months
Advanced Diploma Programme 9 months
Topics to be taught include the following
· Introduction to Biology
· Sources of Herbal Materials
· Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
· Preservation Techniques
· NAFDAC; Herbal Regulations and Ethics
· Dose and Dosage Form
· Use of English
* Introduction to Diseases
* Nutritional Medicine
* Quality Control of Herbal Medicines
* Plant Taxonomy, Conservation/Cultivation
* Field Trips
* Sources and Production of Herbal Remedies
* Traditional Medicine
* NAFDAC, Regulation on Registration of Natural Products and Ethic in Traditional Practice Medicine.
* Clinical Herbal Medicine
* Human Anatomy and Physiology
*Projects and Laboratory Techniques
Advanced Diploma Programme:
*Natural Bioactive Compounds
* Preservation Techniques and Shelf Life Fermentation Science’
*Advanced Quality Control and Quality Assurance of finished Herbal Product
*Communication Skills (IT and Traditional Medicine Practice)
* Field Trips
*Dosage Forms and Standardization
* Herbal Drug product Technology
*NAFDAC, Regulations on Registration of Natural Products and Ethics in Traditional Practice Medicine
*Clinical Herbal Medicine
*Projects and Laboratory Techniques
Students must pass examinations in all prescribed courses to the satisfaction of the examiners to be eligible for graduation. Students must satisfy all other necessary conditions as may be required by the Human Resources Development Centre of the University of Lagos.
Certificate Programme: N100, 000 for Tuition and N15, 000 for Course Materials
Diploma Programme: N120, 000 for Tuition and N20, 000 for Course Materials.
Advanced Diploma Programme: N150, 000 for Tuition and N25, 000 for Course Materials.
APPLICATION FEE AND METHOD OF APPLICATION
i. Applicants are expected to visit the HRDC portal http//:hrdc.unilag.edu.ng to fill the pre-application form. (Content of the pre-application form include Surname, First Name, Middle name, E-mail address and Mobile number).Upon successful completion of the pre-application form, the applicant will be issued a “Payment Reference Number” which should be printed out.
ii. Applicants should take their print out containing the payment reference number to any of the designated banks (Ecobank, Access Bank, First Bank and Wema Bank) on the University campus to make payment. (Application Fee N7,500)
iii. After payment, applicants should return to the payment portal, click the application form link, login with the payment Reference Number and the Surname (in lower case and strictly as provided in the pre-application form) as password to access the application form.
N.B: Kindly note the following:
i. Only application payments that the bank has confirmed receipt will have access to the application form. Applicants who experience challenges may return to the bank where payment was made to request that their payment be posted. (Notification of payment receipt shall be sent to applicants who have paid.)
ii. The password will be as provided in the Surname field in lower case; errors in filling of surname must therefore be reflected in the password used.
iii. If payment is not made five (5) days after obtaining Payment Reference Number (voucher); the pre-application would be DECLINED.
Applicants will then be expected to refill the pre-application form to obtain a new Payment Reference Number (voucher).
After completion of application form, printed copies should be submitted at the HRDC Secretariat on or before Thursday, 31st December, 2015 with the following documents:
· Original printout and a photocopy
· Two (2) photocopies of Birth Certificate
· Two (2) photocopies of Reference Number printout
· Two (2) photocopies of N7,500.00 teller
· Two (2) photocopies of credentials
ADMISSION LETTERS: Admission letters for Shortlisted candidates are to be printed online. Please note that letters of admission will not be posted to individual candidates.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT
Human Resources Development Centre
(By the 2nd gate of the University)
University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos
Tel: 01-4536757, 01-4536806, 01-4536758
Department of Pharmacognosy
Faculty of Pharmacy
University of Lagos
CMUL Campus Idi-Araba, Lagos
Dr. (Mrs.) Taiwo F. Ipaye, FNIM.
Registrar and Secretary to the Council
(Visited 934 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by