The Federal Government may have given assurances that JOHESU members will be well represented on the various Boards of Hospitals/Parastatals while calling on those who are yet to submit names of their nominees to do so.
This was contained in a communique issued today 01/07/2016. It reads in full:
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED BY JOHESU AT THE END OF THE MEETING BETWEEN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND JOINT HEALTH SECTOR UNIONS ON 29th OF JUNE, 2016
At the end of the meeting with the Federal Government and the leadership of the Joint Health Sector Unions held at the Conference Room of the Honourable Minister of State, Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment, the following resolutions were reached.
1. The unions were requested to submit relevant documents supporting the adjustment of the CONHESS salary within 24 hours. The Federal Minister of Health is expected to act upon it within 7 days.
2. The unions were requested to submit the list of all hospitals that are yet to pay the CONHESS 10 skipping arrears within 24 hours. The Federal Ministry of Health were also requested to issue a directive to the various Chief Medical Directors/Medical directors to forward to the Ministry a list of those yet to be paid.
3. The Unions were requested to submit the compiled lists of the beneficiaries of specialist allowance to the Federal Ministry of Health within 14 days.
4. The office of the Head of Service of the Federation is expected to release the circular for the implementation of upward review of Retirement age to 65 years in line with Onosode recommendation and Government white paper of 1982 as has been done in the Universities and Tertiary Institutions after the National Council of Establishment meeting coming up in Niger State from 22 – 25th July, 2016.
5. The Unions demanded that the Federal Ministry of Health should as a matter of urgency create the Department of Nursing Services in line with the various court judgments.
6. It was further resolved that the harmonized scheme of service for Nurses and internship for Nursing graduates shall be taken to the forthcoming National Council on Establishment meeting in Niger State from 22′ – 25′ July, 2016 for approval and subsequent release of circular for implementation.
7. The Federal Ministry of Health was urged to comply with the full implementation of the various court judgments in favour of Medical Laboratory Scientists and to also direct its urgencies and parastatals to do same within 30 days.
8. The Federal Ministry of Health agreed to convey a stakeholders meeting in July with a view to resolving all cisputes in the Health Sector.
9. The Unions are to make available all enabling circulars from the Federal Ministry of Health directing all the Federal Health Institutions to promote all eligible officers from CONHESS 14-15 as Directors.
10. The Federal Government gave assurances that JOHESU members will be well represented on the various Boards of Hospitals/Parastatals while calling on those who are yet to submit names of their nominees to do so.
11. Other issues that could not be discussed were to be written and submitted at the next meeting.
(Visited 588 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by