PREAMBLE: The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research hosted researchers within and outside the Institute on her 7th Annual Scientfic Conference from 6th to 10th November, 2016.
The highlights of the conference were
- a pre-conference workshop on Scientific Paper Writing 6th to 7th
- main conference 8th-10th
- the 6th distinguished lecture series which was titled “That she may Surrvive and bring forth an AIDS-free generation”
The conference over the year has been a platform where researchers disseminate their research findings, showcase their research activities and network for future collaborations.
Conference Theme: ACHIEVING HEALTH-BELATED SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS IN NIGERIA: THE ROLE OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
• Innovative Diagnosfics in the Treatment of HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
• The Re-emergence of Viral Haemorrhagic Fevers in West Africa.
• Improving Maternal and Child Health using Skilled Attendants at Childbirth: the Role of Evidence.
The Conference had both local and international participants with a total of 32 participants at the pre-conference workshop, 167 registered participants at the main conference, and 320 people at the 6th Distinguished Lecture.
The participants at the conference, who included the Representatives of the Federal Minister of Health and the Lagos State Commissioner for Health, were from:
— Research institutions
— Universities (federal, state and private)
— Federal and Lagos State Ministry of Health National Academy of Science
— Registration Councils in the Min of Health.
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by