COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL ( NEC) MEETING OF NARD THAT HELD BETWEEN 25TH JULY TO 30TH JULY 2016 IN KEFFI NASARAWA STATE.
NARD held her NEC Meeting in KEFF1 Nasarawa State between 25-30th July 2016.
The theme of the opening ceremony was Healthcare care financing: Meeting the challenges delivered by the Hon. Minister of Health Prof. I.F Adewole, other subthemes are Electronic medical Records by Dr. Joshua N. Giyan and Residency Training Funding vis a vis Best practices by Dr. Ohiaeri Chinatu.
The opening Ceremony was under the distinguished Chairmanship of Dr. I. Mbah. Other dignitaries were His Royal Highness the Emir of Keffi and the Chairman NMA Nasarawa State branch.
The Business session of the event took place on the 29th July 2016.
The NEC made the following observations:
1 NARD has suspended her strike actions due entirely to the sincere intervention of the President and Commander in Chief President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, and the Hon. Speaker of the House of Representatives Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara.
2. Residency Training Program (RIP) committee has started sitting, however, the final report is yet to be released.
3. Unduly sacked Resident doctors are yet to be recalled as agreed with the Federal Government during the negotiations. Most especially those unfairly sacked in JUTH and ABUTH among others.
4. Our colleagues in the states are yet to access the bail out intervention, meant for the affected State Health Sectors, which was negotiated by the Hon. Speaker.
5. Many Federal Tertiary hospitals are yet to pay full salaries for doctors despite the directives and agreements that such should commence latest by the end of July.
6. Our colleagues are subjected to various degrees of victimization (ranging from no work no pay to repeat of completed postings etc) as a result of their roles in the just suspended nationwide strike action by NARD; this is contrary to the spirit of negotiations and reconciliation reached with the Government at the instance of Hon. Speaker.
After exhaustive deliberations, the NEC reached the following resolutions:
1. The NEC appreciates the intervention of President Muhammad Buhari GCFR and the Hon. Speaker in amicably resolving all the issues in our demands.
2. i). The State Governments where salaries were not paid for our members should expedite the processes of accessing the intervention by the FG so as to ensure uninterrupted service delivery.
ii) The Government of state of Osun should also ensure that all agreements reached with our members of Lautech Osogbo are fully and expeditiously implemented.
3. The RTP committee should fast track the release of their report for immediate implementation. Also, the existing template of employment and carreer progression of the Resident Doctors must be fully operational in all our training Institutions.
NARD condemns strongly the content of the letter dated 26th July 2016, on the topic of PhD/ fellowship, from the NUC to the Registrar NPMCN. NARD maintains that MUMS and Medical postgraduate degrees are exclusive purview of the MDCN and the NPMCN as provided by the enabling laws. Therefore, it is not for NUC to decide the capacity and application of these degrees.
5. That all Hospitals where Doctors are still not paid full salaries by the end of July 2016, our members are hereby directed to take all necessary actions, including total withdrawal of services. in order to ensure. Justice is done. This is also applicable to institutions where we have pockets of varying degrees of victimizatious contrary to the agreements reached during the negotiations with the Hon. Speaker.
These Hospitals include: FMC B. KEBBI. ABUTH ZARIA, NAT. EVE KADUNA. NAT. EAR CARE KADUNA . FNPH KADIJNA, JUTH, FMC LOKOJA, FMC BIDA, 11TH UATH GWAGWALADA. FMC ABUJA, LUTH, FMC OWO, FNPH ARO, UBTIL UPTH, ISTH, FNPH BENIN, UNTH, FMC OWERRI, FMC UMUAHIA, FMC ASARA, NAUTH, FETHA, FETH1 EMU. O.
NARD is closely monitoring the developments at the above mentioned branches as they engage their respective managements.
7. that all our accrued arrears from 2014 should be expeditiously processed and paid to all our affected members.
8. NARD calls for immediate enrollment of all our members unto the IPPIS platform to ensure appropriate remuneration and also curtail leakages of public funds in the name of spurious personnel cost.
Finally, we appreciate President Muhammadu Buhari, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara, the Hon. Minister of Health, HRH the Emir of keffi and The Medical Director FMC KEFFI.
We also profoundly appreciate the NEC members and the Leadership of ARD FMC KEFF1 and the LOC and the entire congress for the Hospitality.
LONG LIVE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
DR. MUHAMMAD ADAMU ASKIRA PRESIDENT
DR. IZUNWiA OSITA EDMUND ACT. SEC. GEN.
DR. UHU BA EUGENE AWJRUEZENMA PUBLICITY/ SOCIAL SECRETARY
(Visited 58 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by