Communique at the end of the 78th Regular Meeting of Committee of Chief Medical Directors/Medical Directors, Federal Tertiary Hospitals held from 7th to 10th September 2016 at Transcorp hotel, Calabar.
The committee of Chief Medical Directors/Medical Directors of Federal Tertiary Hospitals held its 78th regular meeting at Transcorp Hotel, Calabar from 7 to 10 September 2018, The Director, Emergency Response of the Federal Ministry of Health, Dr. J. 0. Arnedu mni represented the Hon. Minister for Health Prof Isaac Adewole at the meeting.
1) The Committee of Chief Medical Directors/ Medical Directors has observed with concern the non-enrolment of permanent and pensionable staff of some tertiary hospitals on the platform of IPPIS. Furthermore, the process of integration of all tertiary hospitals staff as advocated by the Committee of CMOs and at the recent stakeholders’ meeting chaired by . the Hon. Speaker, Federal House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara, is yet to commence.
2. With deep sense of appreciation the recent commitment of the FMOH and the National Assembly to resolve the issue of “salary scale skipping” in the Federal Tertiary Hospitals.
3. With grave concern the non-release of fund for payment of out sourced services at all the tertiary hospitals with concomitant threat to security, cleanliness and other essential services.
4. With concern the misconception by some agencies of Government on the correct interpretation Of IQR at the tertiary hospitals. Most of the funds generated are meant for service delivery under various revolving funds, as there are no budget provisions for such services.
1 . The Committee implores the Federal Government and relevant Ministries to expedite action on enrolment of all federal tertiary hospitals on the IPPS platform.
2. The Committee recommends the issuance of clear guidelines by the FMOH on the implementation of “salary scale skipping” in tertiary hospitals.
3. The Committee calls for timely release of funds for outsourced services in order to maintain security, cleaning and other essential services in the Federal-Tertiary Hospitals.
4. The Committee recommends that there is need for relevant agencies of the Federal Government to clearly delineate funds meant for services (revolving funds) and internally Generated Revenue. Therefore, remittances to the consolidated revenue should be limited to IGR,
It is our sincere hope that the implementation Of these recommendations will go a long way in assisting the Federal Government to address the numerous challenges facing the health sector.
The Committee appreciates the Hon. Minister for Health Prof. Isaac Adewole and The Director, Emergency Response of the Federal Ministry of Health, Dr, J. O. Amedu, mni for gracing the meeting.
Dr Thomas U. Agan (Chairman)
Dr Jac Mornoh (Vice Chairman/Secretary)
(Visited 207 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by