There is a non-surgical way of fighting OBESITY-A PAIR OF CONNECTED SALINE-FILLED BALLOONS THAT ARE TEMPORARILY IMPLANTED IN THE STOMACH TO TRIGGER A FEELING OF FULLNESS AND JUMP-START WEIGHT LOSS-CALLED THE RE-SHAPE DUAL BALLON.
- the device is inserted endoscopically through the mouth and filled with normal saline.
- the procedure takes about 30mins while the patient is mildly sedated.
- the tube is removed after 6months, accompanied by a medically supervised diet and exercise program.
- this is indicated for with a body mass index of 30-40kg/m2 with probably diabetes and has failed to lose weight through diet and exercise alone.
- this device is non-surgical, quick, non-permanent, and can be easily removed
- Contra-indications to the use of this device is in persons who have had previous gastrointestinal surgery, diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease, are pregnant, use aspirin daily.
- It has been used in Canada, Italy, France, and Brazil. Huge success has been recorded so far.
(Visited 58 times, 1 visits today)by