Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into graduate programmes in the 2016/2017 academic year leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree of the University of Calabar.
AVAILABLE GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees are available in the under-listed Departments. For details of each programme and specific requirements, click to visit www.unicalonlne.edu.ng/programmes-and-degrees
Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
Medical Laboratory Science (Medical Microbiology/ Parasitology Unit, Chemical Pathology Unit and Haematology Unit), Radiography and Radiological Sciences, Nursing Sciences.
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Anatomy; Biochemistry; Pharmacology; Physiology.
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
Medicine and Dentistry; Community Medicine.
A. General Regulations
Courses may be offered full-time or part-time. All programmes begin with coursework and end with a project for Graduate Diploma, MBA, MPA and MPAS or thesis for Master’s and Ph.D degrees.
1. Duration of Programme:
* For full-time studies the Postgraduate Diploma lasts for two (2) semesters. The Master’s degrees last for 4 – 6 semesters; and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes last for 6 – 10 semesters.
* For part-time programmes, the Master’s degrees last for 6-8 semesters, the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) lasts for 10-16 semesters.
* Note that PGD programmes run on full-time basis only.
2. Requirements for Admission:
* Candidates are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale and 2.75 on a 4-point scale for Master’s programmes and 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.00 on a 4-point scale for the Ph.D programmes.
* A CGPA of 1.50 and above is required for PGD programmes. Candidates with Master’s degree from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D programme, provided that the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Graduate School.
Note: Filling of forms – Surnames first, First name next, Middle name last.
There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online. Therefore candidates must think through before submission as any change will attract a fee.
This is to prevent multiple applications. The titles Mr, Miss or Mrs may be used but not Rev(Dr), Chief, etc. Programmes applied for should be Ph.D, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, MPH, LLM, and PGD. No extension of application after 4th of November, 2016.
3.Mode of Application:
* Thereafter, candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₦15,000.00 at any bank nationwide via E-Transact platform for Graduate School application form 2016/2017 academic session.
* A printout with a unique pin will be issued at the bank.
* Follow the steps by providing your data as prompted and ensure that your form is submitted.
YOU ARE TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF YOUR FORM AND CONCEPT NOTE, BY CLICKING ON PRINT button after submission.
Please bring a copy of the printed form to the venue on the day of the screening.
Process Flow of E-Scratch Card for UNICAL Postgraduate Application
1. Walk into any bank across the federation and make payment on E-Transact platform to purchase Graduate School application form for 2016/2017 academic session.
2. Walk into any Heritage Bank across the federation and make payment on Calpay platform to purchase Graduate School application form for 2016/2017 academic session.
3. Make a payment of ₦15,000.00 and obtain the payment slip.
5. Log on with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Postgraduate form.
4. Concept Note:
* As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 2 pages maximum for Ph.D programmes and one (1) page maximum for Master’s programmes.
* The concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department. The concept note is a MINI SUMMARY OF RESEARCH PROPOSALhighlighting what candidates intend to research on when admitted. It will have to cover the following:
* Statement of the problem
* Relevance of study to self and society
* Aim(s) of the study
* Brief theoretical background
Note: Candidates who fail to send their concept notes online along with their application forms will not be allowed to take part in the oral interview.
Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions through courier service to the Academic Secretary, Graduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State, ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE INDICATED BELOW.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN GRADUATE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE THE SCREENING DAY being NOVEMBER 18, 2016. Candidates whose transcripts are not received in the Graduate School by November 30, shall NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION. There will be no room for awaiting results (all applicants whose results have not been approved by the Graduate School Board/University Senate will not be considered for admission).
6. Admission Screening Exercise:
Admission Screening Day Friday 18th November 2016 for MBA, MPAS, and all PGD candidates While Saturday 19th November 2016 is for Masters and Ph.D candidates. The screening test will be a computer based test as follows: Part A – Written, (Use of English Language, Logic, Mathematics, ICT and General Knowledge); Part B – Oral interview in the respective departments based on subject area/concept note for Ph.D and Master’s candidates. There shall be No oral interview for MBA, MPAS and all PGD programmes.
The application for admission will be shut down on Friday, 4th November, 2016.
Admission / Available Programmes: 08037969617, 080988768836
Issues with Online Forms: 07056693127, 08183626190, 07056693126, 08098957263, 08054165689
(Visited 187 times, 1 visits today)
JOIN THE NEW DoctorsQuarters.com BBM CHANNEL ON C0015D291... Its New And Refreshingby by