Hello and good morning. Hope we all had a splendid weekend. Now , I know how the issue of hair is really pressing on us the ladies. We all expect magic to happen. We apply one hair cream or the other, or take one supplement or the other and expect our hair to grow over night. it doesn’t work like that. though some people are naturally blessed it great long hair, You too can also have a great hair based on the way you manage it.
1. Banish split ends….. by having our hair trimmed regularly. Use a wide toothed comb rather than a brush on wet hair and don’t over heat your hair when blow drying … Use a nozzle an direct the hot air parallel to the hair shaft rather than directly on the hair. If you do not trim split ends, your hair will keep dying.
2. To treat dandruff.. choose a naturally based product and avoid any that contain metal oxides. Look at the ingredients. Rinse your hair well after a dandruff treatment and avoid touching the scalp as it may be more prone to picking up infection.
3. Always use a good quality hairbrush… poor quality hair brushes and combs will scratch your scalp and damage the hair shaft. Don’t over brush your hair since this will stimulate sebum production, encouraging oily hair, breakages and split ends.
4. Brush your hair before washing it to massage the scalp and help loosen dead skin cells.
5. Never use hotter than a medium heat when blow-drying. Finish blow-drying with a blast of cold air to close the cuticles when cuticles lie flat, hair reflects the light and looks healthier and shinner.
6. If you color your hair, try to avoid non-organic dyes, especially peroxides. Temporary colors can be easily washed in and at home- some lasting for just one shampoo, others for up to 12 washes.
7. Avoid over drying color-treated hair dryers, heated rollers or curling tongs. let it dry naturally if possible.
8. If you are of ‘certain age’, why not forget about colorants and consider letting your natural greying/silvering hair color come through? Perhaps make a fresh start and have your hair cut in a shorter style to remove all the damaged, discolored and mistreated hair. Jump before you are pushed.
9. Try conditioning your hair with inexpensive natural ingredients such as egg yolk (for normal to dry hair), egg whites(for oil or balanced hair), or a strong herbal infusion of camomile ( for oily or balanced hair).
10. Protect colored treated hair against the side effects of the sun, sea and swimming pools. Wear a hat or scarf in the hot sun, wear a swimming cap or apply a conditioner to act as a barrier against the chlorine. always shampoo the hair immediately after swimming.
It all takes a lot of patience and pampering to pull this off.